Saturday, January 28, 2012

8 months old

I do not believe that in 4 months we will be having a birthday party.  They're babies, not kids who turn AGES!!! I just cannot believe my little men are growing up.

Leyton is officially sitting.  I sat him up one day without his Boppy pillow supporting him, and he just SAT THERE!  I could not believe it!  I wrote that day down in the baby book as January 10th.  It took him all of about a week from that point on to really master it.  He can sit without being supervised since he can control his falls, as long as move all the hard toys out of the way.  Most of the time, he just doesn't fall.  He still is not crawling, but will get up and rock on all fours, and sometimes get a little jump when he decides he's done rocking for the moment.  He really doesn't go anywhere yet.  On Friday he started babbling "na na na na na" so you bet I was quick to correct him by saying "ma ma ma ma ma."  After about 30 minutes of us going back and forth, the "na's" turned in to "ma's!"  I was SO excited!  I don't think I get to count it since he didn't out of no where look at me and say "mama."  I think they have to use it in context, right?  Anyways, he will repeat me and say "ma ma ma ma ma" still.  Sometimes he just opens and closes his mouth.  Pretty cute.  Rick is set on getting Parker to say "da da da da da" first, so needless to say it has been a mama/dada war in our house this weekend!  He has become more friendly, and is starting to smile a lot like his brother.  Leyton has some nasty eczema that looks like small versions of ringworm, but the pediatrician says it's his eczema.  We got a steroid cream to put on it, and it's helped a lot in just a few days.  He has also started to cross his eyes in, one at a time, but not all the time.  The pediatrician didn't seem concerned at this point, but I went ahead and asked a friend who's husband is an optometrist.  He said that most babies are far sighted, some more than others.  We're going to take him in to see a pediatric optometrist to see what is going on.  It doesn't sound like anything major, and the worst that could happen is the little dude would have to wear some baby glasses.  It's NOT a lazy eye, I know this for sure.  Please keep him in your prayers.  Leyton's weight gain remains steady and not of concern.  He wears some 3-6 month clothes, some 6 month outfits, and some 9 month ones already!

Parker seems to be eating a little better, but hit another plateau in his weight gain.  From this time November to December, he gained 10 oz.  From the end of December to now, he's only gained 2-3oz.  I just wish we could get him to eat more, but every time I try to trick him, he knows.  Bless his little heart; he STILL wears his 0-3 month jeans.  He does some 3-6 months outfits, and the outfits that aren't a range and run 3, 6, 9 mos etc, he's still in the 3 month ones.  Hopefully they'll get to wear their next stage of matching outfits before Leyton outgrows them.  Parker still isn't sitting.  He doesn't want to.  He pushes off with his feet when he realizes I've let go, or sometimes he will slowly lean back trying to rest on me.  He is capable of holding himself there, but for some reason he just doesn't want to!  Now when I put the Boppy pillow around him, he immediately pushes back.  He is too smart for his own good.  Parker also is not crawling, but does get up and rock on all fours as well.  Parker scoots backwards A LOT.  In 2 minutes he can be 6 feet.  Sometimes if I know I need to do something quickly, I will face him 4 feet away from the wall so he will eventually get stuck.  He is still the sweetest, smiliest little boy that he has always been, except when his teeth hurt.  This teething thing has been going on way too long, and we still do not have any teeth from either boy!

They are starting to notice each other's existence.  I was wondering if they ever would!  They smile and coo at each other, and sometimes carry on a conversation.  They still like to take naps together in their pack n play, and have no problem going in their separate cribs at night.  This past week right after I put them down for a nap, I heard some fussing, so I went to replace pacifiers.  Parker needed his, and I pulled the blanket away from Leyton's face to see if he needed his too.  Green paci in Leyton's mouth.  Leyton is blue, Parker is green.  That little turkey STOLE his brother's pacifier!  I wish I had a hidden camera to have caught that on tape!  This month we also took them to the park to swing for the first time.  Quite strange weather here in Texas, but we took advantage of it a couple of times.

So what is going on with Rick and I?  Well, we are spending our time counting our blessings, loving our boys.

We are finally looking in to the options to get our kitchen updated.  We've gotten a few quotes, so hopefully we can get something worked out soon.  Thank goodness for 2 tax deductions this year!  This month I have started planning their birthday, and become really obsessed with it.  I also went to the dermatologist last week and had 7 moles removed and sent for biopsy.  I have a lot more that need to be removed too, but I will do those later.  I was also the most excited I've ever been to go to every woman's favorite annual check up.  I have not seen Dr. MacDonald in 6-7 months, and we kind of became buds after being in the hospital for so long!  I told him some more things I had found out about TTTS.  I told him the story of my friend Allison who had an EXTREMELY rare case of TTTS in fraternal twins, that some do not believe is possible because of lacking proof (obviously it's rare, so there is little information!) and he thought that was interesting but saw how two placentas fusing could cause a potential for a problem.  I also had an e-mail conversation with Dr. Zaretsky who told me he had seen a case of this back in 2004, so yet another reason to have Dr. MacDonald believe me, and 5 more obstetricians in the world who KNOW about this.  I feel so proud to share Allison's almost unheard of story with others, so the information will get out there, since the internet needs some updating.  Also, after blowing up my Facebook page with TTTS facts throughout the month of December, one of my friends told me that his cousin & wife were recently diagnosed with TTTS.  I e-mailed them, and am proud to report that things look to be going very well for them and their little boys.  I would like to ask everyone to keep Jonah & Owen in your prayers, that TTTS will stay away, and they will be born at an optimal gestation.

Rick has been really busy with work, as usual, but hasn't had to travel a lot which has been very nice.  Lacrosse season is about to start up again, so that means he goes back to his second job of reffing, and running and playing in 2 men's league teams.  If you know anyone interested in running a men's lacrosse team or two, please let us know :)

Our family, for the most part is well.  My poor grandfather who just got his cancer-free bill of health, hurt his good shoulder after one of several recent falls.  His shoulder is doing better, but he's still falling.  Please keep him in your prayers.

And now for the pictures:

On their 8 month birthday

A Paul Dusza Photography work of art, with assistance from Auntie Whitney & Mommy



I love watching their fine motor skills emerge



Parker does NOT like pears.


Caught being sweet


A mommy photoshoot at the park, with their friend Max:






No comments:

Post a Comment