Monday, August 27, 2012

15 month check-up

Sorry I have been awful about keeping this updated!  First things first, I never told everyone about Leyton's pre-op appointment for surgery which was a couple of weeks ago.  We went in 3 days before scheduled surgery and the doctor couldn't believe it.  His eyes are looking SO much better, which we had noticed, but he said since it is improving, his binocular vision is developing and he cancelled the surgery!  He took a peek at Parker's eyes and said he is fine too!  We go back in October just to be safe.  We couldn't be any more RELIEVED.  I was totally dreading my baby going under anesthesia and his eyes being messed with.

This morning we had their 15 month check-up.  They were crawling all over table and having a blast at the doctor's new office.  I was completely frazzled because they have normal ceilings now and for whatever didn't put in acoustic ceiling tiles so it was SO loud in that room with two chatty boys.

Parker weighs 15lbs 10oz.  He was 14lbs 14oz at their 12 month check up, so not too bad.  He is 28 1/4 inches long.  Long skinny boy.  The doctor was glad that he is doing better eating, and said we can switch him to all whole milk now!  Thank goodness we won't have to mix formula any more!  He was impressed with his jibber jabbering.

Leyton weighs 18lbs 12oz, and is 29 inches long.  He is still in the less than 5th percentile for height and weight, but he is in the 50th-75th for head circumference.  Big headed boy!  The doctor was pleased to hear that Leyton didn't have to have the surgery.

They had 3 shots today, including their flu vaccine.  They were not happy about the shots AT ALL.

On our way home, we stopped in to see Dr. Zaretsky since the pediatrician's new place is by Dr. Z's.  He was so excited to see them; he loves seeing TTTS survivor babies.  The boys were very odd around him.  Quiet and bashful.  Leyton especially.  I said he must be being sweet because he knows you saved his life.  Dr. Z wants to write a paper on nutritional aspects of TTTS survivors.  I asked some other moms in one of my TTTS groups if they noticed their little baby had eating issues.  I said I am almost certain that Parker is used to getting just enough to survive, so that's what he continues to do.  A lot of other moms said they felt the same way; that their little baby was still stuck in survival mode.  Dr. Z thinks its fascinating and is going to see what he can do to get a study going! How neat!

Since I last posted, it doesn't feel like a whole lot has changed.  They are still not walking, and although Leyton can stand, he still refuses to take steps.  That is fine by me, I am in no rush for them to be walking!  They chase each other around constantly.  They really do love each other even though they steal each other's toys, hit each other, and climb on one another.  It's cute to catch them giving each other kisses.  They like mimicking each other too.  They yell, scream, and talk like little aliens back and forth.  They taught Max how to scream back and forth too.  It is only getting louder in this house!

No comments:

Post a Comment